<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

The game show I was in the audience for the taping of back in april finally started airing yesterday. It's a tournament format, and I saw eight out of the sixteen first round matches. I figured that matches would be edited into half-hour shows. I didn't expect them to put two matches together and air them as one-hour shows. The two matches that aired yesterday were not ones I saw taped. It's interesting to see not only how it's edited down, but also the on-screen graphics they put in. Also, since I was sitting behind the place where the host sits, I never really saw what the host looks like. He might have been on the stage before the whole thing started, but at that point it was almost like sensory overload. So watching the show, I recognized the voice, but didn't recognize the face of the host.

I just realize that the Steelers' Willie Parker wears the same number as the former Pirate star Dave Parker. I wonder if that's a coincidence. Considering Willie was a undrafted free agent, he probably wouldn't choose his own number. Also, the guy who gives out uniform numbers probably was around when Dave played in Pittsburgh, so it's possible that it's not a coincidence.

I went back over the weekend to read some of the first posts I wrote on this blog a little over three years ago. It's weird. I don't remember writing most of it. It was like I was reading someone else's writing. Also, some of what I did remember were comments which, unfortunately, were lost when the comment program I had been using went from free to pay without warning or a chance to archive the comments.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?  Get Firefox!