<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, April 30, 2006

I got tickets to be in the audience at a taping of VH1's new game show "The World Series of Pop Culture". It looks like it's going to be a great show. I went with a friend of mine from college who lives in NYC. Most of the seats that would guarantee getting on camera seemed to be reserved for friends and families of the contestants, which is fair, I guess. I still might be able to pick myself out on camera in wide shots.

The show consists of two teams of three people battling it out in a trivia competition. I was in the audience of four shows. I was there for four hours and they'll distill all the footage down to four twenty minutes shows (half hour shows after commercials). Some of the shows took longer than others and probably the show with the most to cut out seemed to have the funniest moments. But overall, there was definitely more than 20 minutes worth of great moments in each episodes and the shows should be great.

I don't want to go into the actual format of each show right now, although we got no instructions not to tell anyone how things work or even the results. But there are sixteen teams and we got in on four first-round matches. So the teams we saw win go on to compete against the other teams. The teams we saw were: "Sexual Chocolate" vs. "Peanut Butter and Ginelli", "Ronnie, Bobby, Mike, and Ricky" (or those four names in some order) vs. "We heart Jake Ryan", "We're what Willis was Talkin' about" vs. "Chupacabra" (or something like that) and "Men of Vision" vs. "Almost Perfect Strangers". So, if you see those teams facing each other, you might be able to see me in the audience.

The host of the show is a nyc news personality. The female "eye candy" is Lisa Guerrero. I'm pretty sure it's the same one that did MNF years ago. I didn't see much of her since she did after-show interviews back stage. I never really liked her. Maybe it's because of her MNF interviews where she would ask a question get a answer and then ask another question causing her (and the interviewee) to talk over the next football play. Also, I never found her attractive. I would prefer to have a knowledgeable sideline reporter, but if you're going to hire a sideline reporter to simply be eye candy then she should be good-looking enough to be eye candy.

Anyway, the shows I was on should air on Vh1 in July.

Also, yesterday, we walked past Radio City Music Hall where the draft was being held. There was alot of football fans in front of it, but at the time there didn't seem like there was anything to see, so we just kept walking.

Comments:
New York again? Remember how long it took to get there this time? It was your first time again, right?
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?  Get Firefox!