<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, December 06, 2009

This television season, I've been writing on Plurk (http://www.plurk.com/PittsburghTom) giving brief reviews each week of How I Met Your Mother and Big Bang Theory. I've then declared a weekly winner and keeping track of the standings. Last week were repeats, but I never wrote the review for the episodes the week before. Starting with this week, I'll start posting the reviews and winner here. The season series stand at a 4-4 tie.

On HIMYM, it was the thanksgiving episode, or should I say the Slapsgiving episode. It was a classic, as any of the show's "Slap bet"-related episode are. Chris Eliot was the only weakness of the episode. His style of comedy clashed with the rest of the show. But how could you not love the fact that the episode ended with a commercial for the Slap Bet game.

On BBT, the main plot centered around him being humiliated by a Kripke prank. Sheldon goes back to Texas to hide at his mom's. This means another hilarious appearance from Laurie Metcalf. It ends with Sheldon getting revenge on Kripke in a prank I would like to try.

For a second week in a row, BBT put on an episode that would win most weeks, but all HIMYM had to do was say the word SLAP then live up to the expectations. HIMYM takes the lead 5-4.

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?  Get Firefox!