<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, December 08, 2009


First of all, it took me a full second to get tired of the Tiger Woods happenings that has taken over the news. That being said, alot of what I've heard has been conjecture. People deducing what happened by taking what they know and using what an average person would do to fill in the blank. This makes for what is most likely false conclusions.
For starters, Tiger Woods is not an average person. Not only in his professional life, but in a time where most superstar athletes are often relentless self-promoters, Tiger has become one of the richest athletes while only doing as much media as is required by his golf and the companies whose products he promotes. His interviews feel heavily controlled by publicists. His commercials even more so. The only time I feel we see a glimpse of his true personality is when he hits a bad shot or gets angry with someone in the gallery on the course.
And I've heard speculation about his wife being in it for money. The few things I've heard that sounds like confirmable facts suggests otherwise. I write "sounds like" because I've only heard these in a one or two places, so they could be false, but they go with stuff I've heard for years. First her family is influential in her home country. Second, she gave up modeling on her own and became a nanny to pay her way through school. Third, she turned down Tiger asking her out for a year. So she doesn't sound like she would stay with him just for the money. If all these allegations are true, and there are so many that odds say some are and some are not, then she only stays with him out of love or for the kids. And I do believe she would go after him with a golf club, or at the very least, use a golf club to beat the crap out of his car.

And from there, I'd like to share this for those who haven't seen it. It's SNL's take on the Tiger situation. (For those who stopped watching SNL, it's not as bad as it was when you stopped watching. It's also not as good as its heyday. It has moments of humor that makes it perfect for Hulu. I recommend subscribing to SNL excerpts on hulu and pick and choose which ones to watch. My favorite is, was, and likely will always be weekend update.)


Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?  Get Firefox!