<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

It's funny. I have blog postings all done in my head, but forget what I wanted to write about when I get in front of my computer at home. So I'll just write what comes to mind while I try to think of what I wanted to write about.

My apartment building has switched over to Comcast cable from a small cable company. Now I am in no means a fan of Comcast. Since I don't have an HDTV and am not big on features, I did not look forward to paying more for stuff I didn't want. Well, I signed up on Saturday. It's actually cheaper for the first six months. After that, I'll have to get rid of HBO, which I do watch regularly, and the second tier of Comcast service, which only has one station I watch, to get back to the old cost level. One plus of the whole thing is that my internet is a whole lot faster.

The whole being a Comcast customer thing didn't get off to the best start. It started when I realized that the guy I signed up with didn't take my modem's # when I signed up. So I got a hold of one of the guys, gave him the modem info and he said he'd set up the account. He did, but when I connected, the only page that would come up is the Comcast setup page. When I tried to do the setup download, which shouldn't, and I didn't want to download anything. The download stalled and I finally called Comcast customer service. I repeatedly hit the "0" button until I got to a customer service tech person. Unfortunately, she couldn't help me since I didn't have my account # since I just signed up. So I was transferred to a standard customer service rep. She found my account number. All the while, I didn't particularly hide my feelings towards Comcast. Of course, coming home and expecting to use the internet and having all webpages being forwarded to a Comcast-branded page did not put me in the best of moods. So when the rep got my account number and put me back to a tech support rep, she put me through to a too-friendly, very patient tech rep. He set me up my internet without having to download any crap. I actually had a positive experience with Comcast. This is either a sign of good things to come this year or a sign of the apocalypse. I'm guessing the latter.

Yeah, I still can't remember what I had planned to write about. Next time I think about it, I'll have to write it down.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?  Get Firefox!