<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, July 09, 2007

Yeah, I'm still trying to getting used to the new job, or at least that's my excuse for not posting more. Also, I'm trying to get more of a social life. One way to do this, I figure, is to try to be not in my apartment. Anyway, I'm hoping to post more.

It's July, the year is half done. So a quick rundown of my yearly goals might be in order. I've completed two goals. I've been to a state I've never been to. In fact, I've now been to Delaware four times. I've also been to a away game of a Pittsburgh game. As for the other goals, I'm only a third of the way through the movie list (I blame the quality of tv shows on tv and dvd.), but I'm a half of a book away from my five books. I'm only a third of a way through my goal for dates, but being unemployed tends to mess with getting dates. I say this goal is still achievable. A Las Vegas trip will have to wait til I'm more established at work, but I have the money for the trip, so I plan to go near the end of the year. I going to try and make a shore trip in August. I honestly haven't even thought of anything new I haven't done before or places I've never been. My shape is as good (or bad) as it was at the beginning of the year, but I've just started exercising again. Finally, my apartment is in as bad of shape as ever (since I'm never here) and while out of work, my mind had nothing better to do, so I've been dwelling on negative stuff. So, my goals aren't as far along as I would hope, but they're not hopeless yet.

On the movie front, I'll do a quick rundown on summer movies. Die Hard and Knocked Up, I've seen twice in the theatres and I'd go again. Ratatouille was worth a full price admission. It's up to Pixar's usual quality. Worth full price, but I don't intend to see it again. Spider Man, Fantastic Four and Pirates are worth full price if you like the previous films. Ditto with Ocean's 13, but only if you like the first one. I guess you could compare the second Ocean's movie with the Halloween movie that didn't have Michael Myers. It doesn't really belong. Evan Almighty is a good family picture. Nothing like Bruce in tone or purpose. Except Morgan Freeman as God, it's a totally different movie. But it's a good, not great, lightweight movie that's safe for kids and church group. Finally, Transformers was alot better than I feared. It was worth full price of admission, but the end fight scene went on too long. Also, sometimes it was hard telling the robots apart.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?  Get Firefox!