<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, July 13, 2007

To try and jump start some interest on this blog, I'm going to try an old trick. This was big about three years ago. It is to take the first ten songs on a random play on my mp3 player and post the lyrics. Then see who can guess the songs. When this was popular, I didn't have an mp3 player, so I used WinAmp on my computer to pick the songs, but I didn't have much of my music digitize, so the songs weren't too random. Now I have a good mp3 players with alot of songs on.

So these are the first ten non-instrumental english-language songs (obvious can't do a lyric test with no lyrics and I didn't feel like transcribing foreign language lyrics) off my mp3 player. (And no Googling for the answers. All but possibly one have either been on a greatest hits album or will likely be in the future.)

1. "I had a dream I was your hero."
2. "Burns like a red coal carpet, mad bull lost its way"
3. "Lady luck took him by surprise."
4. "This week he's moppin' floors, next week it's the fries."
5. "You can idolize your drum machine; say the Beatles suck and dis the King."
6. "Walking side by side with death, The devil mocks their every step."
7. "Now she's with one of my goodtime buddies. They're drinking in some crosstown bar."
8. "I'm the only John Wayne left in this town."
9. "Strapped in the chair of the city's gas chamber. Why I'm here I can't quite remember."
10. "Cause the good ones all got wedding rings. And the young ones are just too dumb. And I don't think I have anymore room underneath my thumb."

Labels: ,


Comments:
Okay,

I know 1, 8 and 9 for sure both title and artist. 5 and 10 I'm pretty sure I know the artist, but not the title. And since I know there's one on here, I have a guess to the Aerosmith song as well.
 
Ok, since I'm all caught up, here's the ones that I knew for sure.

1. Damn, I Wish I Was Your Lover - Sophie B. Hawkins

8. Save a Horse (Ride A Cowboy) - Big & Rich

9. Paradise City - Guns N Roses
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?  Get Firefox!