<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, July 22, 2007

I saw I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry this evening. First of all, the humor is more at a level of Sandler's Big Daddy and not The Waterboy. In other words, it's still stupid humor, but there's more of a maturity to it. The movie, atleast to me, seemed to preach tolerance and make fun of homophobia more than gay people. The premise is far fetched, but not as much as it seems from the trailers. Richard Chamberlain has a funny cameo. It is Ving Rhames, though, that steals the movie, which is a surprise since I didn't see him in any commercials or trailers for this film. Anyway, this movie rates a full price admission on my scale, but not repeat viewing.

Labels:


Comments:
I see you saw "No Reservations." Did you like it? Worth full-price admission or not?
 
It was a good mix of the standard "work-is-her-life woman conflicting with new care-free co-worker romance" plot and "work-is-her-life woman being stuck with newly orphaned young kid" plot. Completely standard stories, but latter works because: Jones establishes that even though she doesn't want a kid, she did care deeply for her sister and her niece and Breslin as an actress is on Dakota Fanning's level, just without Fanning's creepiness. There is less chemistry between the adults, but they're still fun to watch.
It's worth full-price if you're already planning on going to see a movie but not settled on which one. Otherwise, only worth a matinee price.
On a side note: if you like the fancy restaurant kitchen scenes, which are good here, the tv show Kitchen Confidential does those better and definitely worth watching on dvd.
 
I had to choose between "No Reservations" and the latest Harry Potter flick this weekend, and I'm kind of glad I opted to see Order of the Phoenix on the big screen. It was totally worth it--wouldn't have been the same if I waited for the DVD and watched it on my little TV. I might still catch "No Reservations" before it's gone from theaters, though.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?  Get Firefox!