<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

I came home from work today to find a notice on my mailbox door that a package had arrived. I wasn't expecting anything. I thought maybe a free gift had arrived from renewing one of the many magazines I subscribe to. Instead, the desk guy brings out a big box about three feet high and two feet wide and deep. It took me the trip up to the elevator and partway down the hallway to realize what it had to be. I won the following in Mountain Dew's annual summer sweepstakes:




It's a Mountain Dew mini-fridge!

Actually, it's a fridge/warmer, but I doubt I'll ever use the warmer functionality. But I'm not as mystified by the warmer part of it as Bill is.

Anyway, it holds about a case or so of 12oz cans. It has a digital temperature readout on front. It has a car adapter which will make it great for me to transport stuff home from trips to Pittsburgh. And it has the friggin' Mountain Dew logo!

On a side note, I opened the box it was shipped in to find a second box. This inner box had "Fragile. Handle with Care." on it. The outer box, the one that the delivery guys could see did not have this label. Does this makes sense?

Labels: , ,


Comments:
Tom - on the entire face of the earth, I can't think of a more appropriate item for you to win in a sweepstakes than that fridge. Honestly.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?  Get Firefox!