<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, January 07, 2007

On a totally different note, I decided last night to try the online poker tournament to get on Celebrity Poker Showdown. Well, I ended up winning the qualifying tournament that started at 4am this morning and tomorrow will complete against as many as 500 other people in the final tournament to try to win a walk-on part on the tv show, Las Vegas. Personally, I'd prefer the prize they did last time, which was a slot on the Celebrity Poker Showdown tv show. Anyway, I doubt I'll win anyway, but if I play slow enough, I think getting one of the top ten prizes is an attainable goal.

Labels:


Comments:
So, did you win big last night?
 
Unfortunately, no. The field started at about 332 people and a good ways into it, I was actually leading it. Then, I did my usual big mistake. I knew the right thing to do was fold, but I didn't. I had two high pair with one cards to go. I was the last to bet and every time, the guy before be had checked, then called my bet. I didn't bet too big because there were three clubs down which meant that the guy could have had a flush. The river came and it was also a club. The guy checked, I bet pretty big thinking he didn't get the flush, but then he raised all-in. I knew he wasn't bluffing and he did have a club, but I called anyway. That cost me most of my money and I was out not too long later. I lasted around an hour and there was about 150 people still in when I left, so I did make it half way. Next time I'll have to be strong and not call in that sort of situation.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?  Get Firefox!