<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, January 19, 2007

Last night I couldn't sleep so I watched my latest movie I got from Netflix, American Pie: The Naked Mile. I'm a fan of the American Pie movies that were released into theatres, but was really disappointed in Band Camp. Band Camp took an idea from the earlier movies, their image of band camp, and wasted all the idea's potential. I had absolutely no expectations with The Naked Mile.
The Naked Mile once again follows members of the Stifler family. This time it's Eric Stifler. Eric is the un-Stifler. He doesn't party hard and he's still a virgin. He has managed to find a hot girlfriend who likes his dorky ways, but she is waiting until she's ready to have sex. The movie follows his trip up to visit his cousin Dwight Stifler in college. Dwight is like the Bluto of the Stifler clan. Hilarity ensues.
Like all the previous AP movies, The Naked Mile has Jim's dad (Does Eugene Levy have a gambling problem that he needs money for? It's the only explanation for some of his choices.) and it has a preoccupation with bodily fluids. In the latter aspect, it may have pushed the envelope even more than the previous films. Also, it has more nudity and it has midgets. And yes, it has nude midgets. It also has more recognizable faces than Band Camp, including Christopher MacDonald, who has been in a lot of movies but is probably best know as Shooter McGavin, as Eric's dad and Jessy Schram, who was great last season on Veronica Mars, as Eric's girlfriend.
I had low expectations for this movie, but I was really surprised. The overall plot was completely predictable. You know at the very beginning how it's going to end, but some of the events are well done and come off surprising and entertaining. I think I might have even liked this movie better than American Wedding. It was definitely worth the rental and probably would have been good for a matinee trip to the theatre if nothing better was playing.
Also, It was movie #8 for me for the year.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?  Get Firefox!