<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, January 07, 2007

I watched movie #3 of the year this morning. It was The Da Vinci Code, otherwise known as the most disappointing movie of 2006. Let's just say they took a great book (I didn't read it, but I listened to the unabridged audiobook and I highly recommend it.), got an Oscar-winning writer to do the screenplay, an Oscar-winning director to direct and an Oscar-winning and Oscar-nominated actors to star in it and they came up with a completely ordinary film.
When I saw National Treasure, I described it as an Americanized Da Vinci Code. Well, National Treasure was a movie that I often will keep on if I find it flipping channels. It was exciting. It had a sense of humor. It was everything I expected The Da Vinci Code to be.
I've heard that Apollo 13 was a dry, technical book that the Howard/Hanks directing/acting team turned into a great movie. Seems they've gone in the opposite direction with this movie.
So, my rating for The Da Vinci Code is that it's a Netflix rental.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?  Get Firefox!