<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

24 started this month in its previous timeslot on Monday night which puts it opposite of Heroes. Since both are shows I want to always have scheduled to tape in case, for some reason, I'm not around a tv on Monday night. This requires multiple vcrs. I have three vcrs, but two are busted. One eats tapes the other records fuzzy and plays back in black and white. So I went out this weekend to find a new vcr. I figure I would pick up the cheapest vcr I could find. I went to Target and saw a reasonably priced vcr, but decided to see what BJ's had. They didn't have a regular vcr. They had the dual dvd/vcr combos. Then I saw a decent-priced dvr. It plays and records different types of dvd formats. I bought it. Let me just say that I'm not sure if I can go back to using vcrs. There's no fast-forwarding. Also, I can set the timer to start early and end late so there's a little cushion, but then I can go in and cut out the cushioning so there's no wasted space on the disc. I can even, as I watch it, mark the start and end of commercials and then go back later and remove the commercials. Also, there's no guessing how much space is left til the end of the tape. It records on whatever blank space is available and I can tell easily how much blank space is left. Since I can't get tivo service through my cable company, this is probably as good as it's going to get for me, but that's no problem since tivo seems like it makes tv watching too easy. I don't need that. But the dvr is a huge improvement over the vcr.

Labels:


Comments:
I had Comcast's DVR service for about a year and loved it! So much so that, as soon as I moved, I contacted DirecTV to get their service. I don't know how I ever ever lived without the DVR. It's amazing! Now I tape all my shows and watch them when I want to. And fast-forwarding through the commercials makes the whole process more efficient. My only problem is that my DVR can't tape more than two shows at once, giving me a Thursday night conflict. But otherwise, I love my DVR.
 
For the love of God, please shut up! I can't afford new toys. Between all of you and the people at work, I'm going to go insane.
 
Mine isn't a service. If I want to tape something, I have to hit "rec" or set the start and end time. And I have to make sure there's a dvd with enough space left on it.
My cable company doesn't offer a tivo-like service. I'm not sure if it'd be worth the price if they did. And the dvrs with harddrives are way too expensive if you don't get them with a service.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?  Get Firefox!