<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, November 13, 2006

Last week, I tailgated at the Steelers game with my brother and some of his college friends. It was the first time since they moved production to New Jersey that I've had a Rolling Rock beer. I had been wondering how they were going to handle the famous wording on the back of the cans and bottle. They could no longer mention old Latrobe on the back anymore, could they? The answer: they sure could. They simply added a note above the wording that said something to the effect that in honor of the history of the beer, they include the traditional pledge.

Yesterday, I took advantage of a free 60 day membership offer for BJ's Wholesale Club. It's like a CostCo or Sam's Club. Not all deals were great, but it looks to be a great place to buy food for my lunch. The big box of EasyMac was especially cheap. Adam went with me and between the two of us, we didn't really buy too much. We did buy some bulk food items, like the aforementioned EasyMac, but the most expensive items turned out to be smaller things. The funniest part of the trip, though, was the picture on my membership card. The camera was a handheld one made by the same company that makes handheld barcode readers and actually used the same shell as a handheld barcode reader. The picture looks like it was taken using state-of-the-art (circa 1984) Atari 2600 technology. I think Adam could probably use the card. I'm sure that Bill could if he has a goatee. In fact, you have a goatee and a baseball cap, you could look like the picture on my membership card. Maybe that's why they insisted on seeing both my membership card and a photo id when I checked out.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?  Get Firefox!