<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Well, I had plans this weekend and didn't get most stuff done because Friday morning I came down with a cold. So, I left work on Friday after half a day and spent the rest of the day watching bad netflix movies and feeling the effects of nighttime cold medicine.

I did make it out to see The Departed . It was really good. It did have plot holes, especially if, when the movie is over, you go back and consider the events in hindsight, but this movie isn't about a realistic plot. It's all about great actors and roles that let them do the acting they do best without anything getting in their way. If you're a fan of Scorsese, Jack, or cop dramas in general, you should definitely see this. If you're not, it's still worth the money to see it. On the Tom movie ratings scale, I give it a "pay full price".

Being sick, I stayed home Friday night and watched the Pitt game. They always seem to have bad luck when I watch them. This time, though, they dominated. I also went to a sports bar today to watch the Steelers game. Since I'm not in the Pittsburgh market, CBS has no reason to cut away from an ending of a close game to catch the beginning of another game, so I missed the start of the Steelers game, including the first touchdown. If the game hadn't been carried on a network, I would have been able to watch the start on a satellite feed. It was blacked out on satellite because it was airing on CBS, even if it wasn't airing yet on CBS. Then, when there was about 10 minutes or so left in the game, CBS switched to a more competitive game, Miami vs. the NY Jets. In theory, when the network switches, the satellite service should switch, but it never works out that way. Instead, I could watch the Miami game off of the network or satellite, but couldn't catch the end of the Steelers game. So I ended up missing both the first and last touchdowns because of CBS. Now you might say that it's no big deal since the game is well in hand. But not being in the Steelers market means I don't get the 24/7 Steelers coverage on tv like I would if I was Pittsburgh. When you only get about three hours a week of Steelers on tv, you want all you can get.

Also, I have to congratulate Adam on passing the bar.

Anyway, I'm going to find more time to write this week. The big deadline at work is over, so my work schedule should normalize. I would write more now, but I'm still feeling the effects of the cold, so I'm going to try and make it asleep early.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?  Get Firefox!