<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, September 24, 2006

I first moved to New Jersey at the beginning of summer two years ago. Yesterday was the end of summer. So I've worked and/or lived within easy travel distance of an amphitheatre for three summers and never been to a show there. Now I'm going to two of them one week apart. I went to see Aerosmith and Motley Crue last night. Next Saturday, I'm going to see Farm Aid. Here's an interesting article about holding Farm Aid in a crime-ridden city.

Back to last night's concert. I sat on the lawn. For those around Pittsburgh, the theatre is smaller than Star Lake. The lawn is definitely smaller with a wall around the top of it. Motley Crue used alot of lights and smoke. Whenever they turned on enough to see the guys on the stage, all you could see was smoke. At one point, trying to get a cheer from the crowd, one of the band shouted "I can't hear you!" The guy next to me shouted back "We can't see you!"

Aerosmith put on a better show, even playing two old songs I hadn't heard live before, S.O.S. (Too Bad) and Seasons of Wither. They stuck to old stuff. The newer stuff they played was mostly from their old album, so basically it was old stuff too. The only hit they played that was a hit in the mtv era was Crazy. The songs were great and the performance was great, but short. The set, including the encore break which had a short cartoon playing, lasted only one hour and twenty minutes. Apparently, Steve Tyler has had throat problems recently so he can't do the length of show he has in the past. Also, Joe Perry took the mike twice which I always like cause he does great blues. He does have four solo albums, not including a greatest hits. On the way out of the theatre, I heard one kid complaining about that, though. He actually said something like what kind of professional lead singer lets the guitarist take over. I wanted to explain to him that it's common for other band members to take a song or two. Keith Richards and all the members of the Beatles all sang lead at one point. I didn't say anything, though.

Finally, here's something if you have some time to kill. Introducing BumperBall!

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?  Get Firefox!