<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, August 14, 2006

This summer is flying by. My project deadline is in two month, but that is for everything, including testing, so the software deadline is only a month away. They asked us last week to work six days per week (or five longer days) so I'm going to be busy at work for the rest of this month.

One good thing is that my brother and his family are back in Pittsburgh after spending six weeks down in Virginia because of his job. Pretty much everytime I talked to my mom since they left has been a guilt trip. First it was "when are you coming home?" which evolved into "I thought you would come home atleast once while your brother was gone." Now I never told her I would come home. In fact, I had planned since last fall to spend the whole summer in New Jersey and doing some of the things around Jersey. Anyway, hopefully, now when I talk to her, I will stop getting the guilt trip about not coming home and go back to just feeling guilty about lying about liking the Christmas presents she got me last year. (Note: if someone tells you that they didn't wear the gift you got them the previous Xmas because it had long sleeves, don't get them long-sleeved clothes the next year.) One good thing, my mom finally agreed this summer to not give me a birthday present. She seemed actually relieved when I suggested it despite my asking them not to get me anything for the last few birthdays and christmases. Hopefully I can get them to not give me anything for Christmas.

I always preferred event-type stuff to birthday presents anyway. The best part about this birthday was that Bill and Terri were in town and the whole NYC trip.

Anyway, at this point, I have done most of the things I wanted to do this summer. What I have left is: go to a concert at the Tweeter centre (already have tickets for a show), go to the shore (maybe make a day trip to Atlantic City which would count as the shore), go to a state I've never been to before (Delaware is less than an hour away so it's not too much of a problem), and go into Philly during the day and just walk around (I can take care of that with a extra-long lunch). The important thing, though, is this summer I haven't simply been spending whole weekends in my apartment. I've been trying to get out more.

I got my Steeler tickets this year and I got screwed over. I get two tickets to two games each year and I trade my extra one to a friend who also gets two tickets to two games. This year we not only got tickets to the same game, but it's a preseason game. So I have two tickets right now to the August 31st preseason game which, if I would go, would require me to take atleast a day and a half off of work. And I wasn't sure yet if I was even going to come home that weekend or not. My friend's second pair of tickets is for early December which is fine. My second pair is for Christmas eve when he's going to be out of town and I was hoping to avoid going home for the holidays. (My not wanting to go home for xmas is due in only small part to the present issue I mentioned above.) Atleast Christmas is on a monday this year which means I work the next day and I'll have an excuse to leave right after dinner.

Also, I think I found out why I've had more problem sleeping over the past year than the year before. I had a problem with my eyes last year and had to stop sleeping in my contacts, which means I have to wear glasses to bed, which I take off when I try to get to sleep. When I take my glasses off, I turn the tv off because I can't make out the images without my glasses. Before, I used to fall asleep alot of the time watching tv. So I'm going to start leaving the tv on and watching the really blurring images and hopefully that will help me fall asleep. All I know is I seem to have no problem falling asleep watching tv in the evening before I take my contacts out.

Comments:
You can always put on the music channel on the tv. That way you don't end up with the headache from trying to pull the blurry images into focus.
 
Heck - I even ended up wasting one of my preseason tickets, and had to miss half of the game (as my flight from Boston to PIT was delayed).
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?  Get Firefox!