<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, July 02, 2006

This was supposed to be a five-day weekend for me, but I worked half a day on friday to make up for half a day I took off the previous friday. I also worked half a day yesterday and today. I get more work done when no one is around. I was planning on working full days, but I ended up sleeping in. I got my work done anyway.

I've been planning on going to see Superman Returns but haven't gotten a chance yet. I was heading out today, but decided to call my mom first and ended up talking longer than expected. I didn't want to rush into the theatre and end up with a front row seat. Alot of movies, I tend to get there at the end of the trailers, but for popular movies, you end up getting lousy seats and for this one I didn't want that. I might go see it tomorrow.

Besides seeing a movie, my other plans, or possible plans, are to head into Philly one of the days. I saw a news item on tv that said this year had the most tourists come into Philly for the 4th of July since the bicentennial. My other plan is a complete (or pretty complete) cleaning of my apartment. Right now, the only planned visitors are Bill and Terri next month and the guys from my monthly poker games (pretty much the only people I'd want to see my place is its current shape), but I have a feeling my parents might try a last-minute trip out. And, me being so close to a big concert venue, I might have friends stopping by before one of the concerts.

Speaking of trips, I found this on the ESPN website. All the baseball road trips sound cool, but this one in particular because I already have tickets to two games at one of the parks (Citizens bank park), will almost definitely attend at least one game at another (Campbell's field), and hope to attend a game at a third (PNC Park). It's a shame they couldn't have added a game at Falconi Field to see the Wild Things but I guess you'd want to end the trip at a ballpark like PNC Park. Besides, Falconi Field isn't exact a scenic place.

When I saw the baseball road trip page, it also struck me because the two images at the top of the page are the only two places I've seen a baseball game the last couple of years.

Bydaway, I saw the movie Elizabethtown. It wasn't Cameron Crowe's best work, but it wasn't too bad. It definitely wasn't as bad as I feared it would be. And the ending really made me want to go on a road trip.

Comments:
That's kind of scary. I can't stand baseball and yet I've been in two of those stadiums for a game and I've been past two more of the stadiums.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?  Get Firefox!