<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, March 06, 2006

Just a quick post. I've been busy at work helping my group prepare for a big presentation for our customers. That got done with on Friday. Sunday I had planned to catch up on stuff on my computer, but, of course, the internet was down. Actually, it wasn't completely down as it usually is when there's a problem at the ISP. There was a connection, but very little went through. I basically could access AIM and any google webpage. But I couldn't read my hotmail or almost every other site.

Since it wasn't the usual problem with the ISP and since my ISP doesn't have a operator on duty on weekends (you call and leave a message), I decided it could be spyware slowing it down and I made use of the Dell customer support for the first time. They were fast (which they should be since I got the express support) and they were friendly, but basically all they did was eliminate all the non-ISP possible problems, so I was stuck waiting for the weekend to end and Monday morning when I woke up, the internet was back to normal, so it must have been an ISP thing.

Nothing much else new. I watched some Ultimate Fighting Championship on tv at a bar Saturday night. I found it boring. It was like a bad boxing match where neither boxer takes any chances.

Anyone want to start a pool to determine the next regular cast member to die on 24? They killed off one tonight and the previews imply another might have to sacrifice him/herself. I hope my guess is wrong since it would be getting rid of my favorite character still on the show not named Jack. And when Keifer Sutherland finally wants to leave the show, I hope they hand the show off to another star by simply bringing in the new guy in the middle of the season and a couple episodes later, kill off Jack. Has a show ever killed off the main star in the middle of a season when a real-life death or contract dispute wasn't involved? It would be especially extreme since not only is Jack the main character, there's a severe dropoff before anyone you could name the #2 star of the show. The only constant things in the five seasons have been Jack, the digital clock, and the ability to make huge plot holes forgivable.

One more thing. I currently have Where the Truth Lies out from Netflix. I often use Netflix for movies I was curious about but I don't want to pay to buy them. This movie fit that description. Let's just say that, if you're a Colin Firth fan, this is a movie of his you might want to avoid.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?  Get Firefox!