<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

I just recently got the first season of Entourage on DVD. It has only eight episodes, so I watched it rather quick. I also listen to the director's commentary on the first episode. The commentary points out that in one scene one of the characters, who grew up in New York and just recently moved to LA, drinks water out of the faucet and that was supposed to be a touch of realism that shows he's from NYC since people in Hollywood don't drink water from the faucet. At first I thought he meant the guy had leaned over and drank straight from the faucet, which I had missed. Then I realized that he meant that he had filled a glass with water from a faucet and drank it as opposed to drinking bottled water.

This got me thinking. Were the Hollywood-types that watch that show stunned when they saw that? Were they in awe at the concept of drinking tap water? It was no big deal for me. It was such an ordinary move that I totally missed it. When we were growing up, there was just water from the faucet, except in the summertime when there was also water from a hose.

Comments:
I still get odd looks when I grab a glass and fill it with water from a sink.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?  Get Firefox!