<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Rumor has it there's some big football game on today, but I can't seem to find anything about it in the media. I flipped through all the ESPN channels and there's nothing.

But seriously, I'm feeling really laid back about the Super Bowl. People who know I'm a Steelers fan or just people who see my Steelers jacket or ballcap ask me if I'm excited about the game. I am but I don't have a real high energy about it. Maybe it's not being in Pittsburgh or maybe it's the knowledge that if I get really up for it and they lose, I'm not getting any work done this week. (Although, I have a class at work three days next week, so I won't be getting much done anyway.) I think once I get to the bar and around friends and other Steelers fans, I'll get more excited.

ESPN has a feature that allows you to see all the articles about any team from local newspapers. You check on Steelers articles and, although I haven't counted, it must be at least a hundred each day. I actually tried to read every single one. It's amazing. You have reporters from at least 40 cities writing articles with all the same info. Any other day of the year, it'd be just the Associated Press reporter writing one article and having it published in every newspaper. But not for this game. Because then there'd be 40+ reporters with no reason to be paid to go to the Super Bowl.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?  Get Firefox!