<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, February 17, 2006

My poor car.


This picture was taken on Sunday. Actually, considering how everybody was talking about how record breaking the snowfall was, I'm surprised how uncovered my car was. I took it for a drive on Tuesday. I had a little trouble getting it into and out of my parking space, but otherwise the streets were clear enough for me not to have any problems driving.

Tuesday I went out DVD shopping. I've cut back heavily on my movie buying since Christmas and now the Suncoast at the two malls I shop at have since closed down or are in the process of closing down. Coincidence?

Anyway, today I looked at getting tickets to the Pitt basketball game next week. Sold out. I also looked at tickets for when the Penguins play the Flyers in Philly in April. Could only get single seats via Ticketmaster. I don't think I want to go to a Pens/Flyers game in Philly alone. I'd already talked to some guys at work about possibly going. I figure, if I'm going to a game here, I'm taking some friendly Flyers fans (is that a oxymoron?) along for protection.

Comments:
Hey, if I can go to a flyers/pens game in pittsburgh in a flyers jersey on the day that Kasparitis concussed Lindros and walk out unharmed, you can handle a game in philly.

btw, the only oxymoron at that game will be labeling the pens a "professional hockey team"
(just kidding, but I had to respond to the rude accusation)
 
Are you sure you took that picture on Sunday? The one I took with my camera phone has the snow up to the license plate. It doesn't look that high in your picture.
 
Yeah. Sunday was the only day I took my camera down. I did take the picture later than yours. Probably, between the two pictures being taken, either some of the snow melted or people walking between the wall and the car cause the pile of snow to go down.
 
Matt, your comment reminds me of a comment I said to Eagles fans around here that if they put a professional football team in L.A., Philadelphia would want one, too.

It's been at least a month since I've heard a comment from a flyers fan here putting down the Pens. Maybe it's because they know I'll bring up the Steelers winning and ask how the Eagles did.
 
You call that snow?

Sunday's Snow Storm
 
Actually, my post commented on how little snow was on my car considering how it was supposedly a record setting snow storm. So, yes I called it a snow storm, but a relatively minor one with a short-lasting impact.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?  Get Firefox!