<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Tomorrow is supposed to be an off-friday for me, but I'll be in work to finish up the final assignment for my temp project. After finishing that up, I'll go in monday and tie up some loose ends and will be down to only my main project which will help my stress levels. Up until this week, there was a time crunch on both projects and the desks I worked at were on two different floors and dividing my time was a major pain.

Ever since about the middle of May, I've been getting a call from a headhunter about once every other week inquiring about my employment status and whether I was still looking for work. Apparently the job market in Pittsburgh has gotten better. Of course, I'm not even thinking of getting another job right now. First, I really like this company. Second, it's by far the most secure job I've had since college. Third, if I make it til February, it'll be the first time that I've been at a job longer than the previous one. I really want to reverse the trend of ever-decreasing employment time.

The reason I brought this up is that I got an email from someone at a company (not a headhunter) that I had put my resume in with last year. It was the company I was most interested in. They had no openings at the time. The email I got today said that they have openings now and if I'm interested, I should send them an updated resume. This company is probably the only company that would have positions that I'm qualified for that I would consider leaving my current job for right now. There are many reasons why I should stay at my current company and I imagine I will end up doing so, but I am planning on sending an updated resume. If I get a job offer, I'll decide then, after hearing all the details. What I really hope for is an interview, a chance to see what the company is like on the inside, and a start of a dialogue that will put me in a good position to work for them if/when the time come for me to leave my current place.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?  Get Firefox!