<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, October 17, 2005

I'm finally on just one project at work. At the beginning of September, I was drawn back into the temp project I was on over the summer part-time. That means I was supposed to spend 20 hours on that project and 20 hours on my permanent project. While both projects came down to deadlines a week apart. So, I had to do a fair amount of time juggling to get everything done. The temp project was at a desk in a crowded noisy area where I had a temp computer (which didn't some stuff on it that I would have liked, like firefox or my mp3's) and no desk phone. The only good thing about it was that I was actually coding Java (except when I had to do a monster of a ACCESS sql statement) and I could have my cellphone on. At my permanent desk, where I'll be on a regular basis, no cellphone but I do have my desk phone.

Anyway, tomorrow I'll be in training for one of many programs we use to keep track of our development process. I need to wrap this entry up quickly so I can get some sleep so I won't be sleeping in the class.

I'm holding my monthly poker game tomorrow night after work. We usually have it on a thursday when we have an off-friday, but that didn't work out this month so we're having it tomorrow. One of the reason I'm squeezing in a post tonight is that I'm not sure if I'll have time to post after the game tomorrow, I have plans for Tuesday, I'm driving back to Pittsburgh on Thursday night, and Wednesday night I'll be packing up and going to bed early so I can get to work on time so I can start my drive before rush hour.

I'm going to the Steelers game at Green Bay next month. A college friend emailed me and wanted to know if I wanted to go. The plan is we fly into Chicago seperately and then rent a car to drive up. I'll leave saturday morning and come back monday morning in time to do atleast a half day of work. I wasn't sure if I could afford the time or money to do it, but the Steelers only play the Packers once every four years and next time, the game will probably be in Pittsburgh so it'll be eight years til they play in Green Bay again and Lambeau field is one of the great places to see a football game.

This means I'll be out of town for eight of the next 11 weekends, that is if I go home for all the holiday and for all the Steelers games in Pittsburgh I have tickets to.

I don't have time now, but I do eventually want to write reviews for the movie "Shooting Vegetarians", the tv show "Wonderfalls", and the remake of "The Longest Yard".

And finally, I think this year I'm going to actually decorate my apartment for Christmas, even if it's just a little bit of lights and a very small tree. And even if the only people who'll see it are the guys I play poker with. The first Christmas I lived alone, I spent almost four full weeks of December out of town on business and, during that holiday season when I wasn't out of town, I was out shopping for christmas presents or spending time with family and friends at their places. I just never bothered decorating. The following year, I was out of work and didn't even feel like keeping the place clean, not to even mention decorated. Last year, I had moved out of town and figured, correctly, that no one would be visiting my apartment anyway. This year, even if no one sees it or just the guys from the poker game, I want a little bit of christmas decoration in my place. If I can get around to hanging pictures at my place, anything is possible, right?

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?  Get Firefox!