<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, October 30, 2005

Am I the only one who doesn't really like the new format of TV Guide? I always liked the old size. I liked the fact that it was a different size. The new ones feel cheap. They remind me of the tv guide-type sections that come in the sunday editions of the local newspaper. Compared to the other weekly magazines I subscribe to, it's light.

I went to the Target store last week to get the new Aerosmith live album. I went to Target since I heard that the cd had Target exclusive tracks on it. It became one of the more aggravating trips to a store in my recent history. I went straight to the photo center because I wanted to get a couple digital pictures printed. I ordered 8 prints and figured I'd pick them up after checking out. I went to the cd section. Turns out there were two versions of the new Aerosmith album there. There was the cd/dvd DualDisc version without the exclusive tracks or the cd-only version that had the exclusive tracks. This pissed me off alot, but then it turned to only being pissed off a little when I noticed that the DualDisc did have the exclusive tracks, but just on the DVD side. So I got the DVD extras and the bonus tracks, I just have to listen to the bonus tracks on a dvd player.

Then I noticed that the new Martina McBride album, which I bought recently at BestBuy, had Target exclusive tracks. So I bought an album from one of my favorite acts from a store when if I'd bought them from another, I'd gotten additional songs.

I also picked up a small bottle of Mountain Dew. Then I went to check-out. I got in the express line with one person in front of me. She had atleast 15 items in the 10-items-or-less line. When I finally checked out, I notice that the person behind me had well over ten items in her cart. They really need to make the signs for the express lanes bigger.

I went to the photo center. The woman behind the counter was checking out a couple with a baby and over $100 worth of groceries. I was trying to pick up less than $2 worth of pictures. I don't know how it turned out that they were checking out at the photo center, but the place wasn't designed to checkout big orders. That's why they have the conveyor belt in the checkout lines. And that's why they have multiple checkout lines, so if someone has a big order, other people can go to other lines. When all the items were finished ringing up, they tried using coupons. The coupons wouldn't work. The clerk had to call over a manager who said that the coupons were one per order so, to use all the coupons, the whole order would have to be cancelled and rerung up with a few of the items rung up seperately. Thankfully, the manager took the couple somewhere else to check out.

This all happened, of course, when I was in a hurry and it was only supposed to be a quick run to a store.

Now that Halloween is almost over, it's about time for Christmas. (Only 55 shopping days left til christmas. ha ha) Would it be wrong for someone to buy an item that they suspect they'll be getting for Christmas because they don't want to get it as a Christmas present? Just curious.

The Steelers are on Monday night this week, which meant I had two productive days this weekend and can look forward to a halloween night in a bar with the Steelers on the tv and the waitresses in halloween costumes.

I rarely wore long sleeves to work last winter because the offices were kept so hot, I'd have worn shorts if I was allowed. I'm in a different building this winter and was hoping that maybe this one will be different, but they turned the heat on this week and it doesn't seem like I'll be wearing long sleeves this weekend either. My only hope is that when the weather gets really cold, the fact that I'm so close to the windows will keep my desk area cool.

Comments:
TV Guide has been rendered useless by Digital Cable and yet they still remained appealing with the old format. Now they are just a step away from me remembering to cancel my subscription.
 
Well, my digital cable hasn't rendered TV Guide useless because my digital cable is unreliable, slow to scroll through, and never has Fox listings. For me, the listings on tvguide.com are better than the magazine or the digital cable, especially since my cable company is too small to have it's own version of the magazine. I get the listings for Comcast cable, but if I go online, I can get listings for my company. The only negative to online tv guide is I don't keep my computer on all the time.

Interesting enough, I got my renewal notice for my tv guide subscription yesterday. Right now, I'm definitely leaning away from renewing.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?  Get Firefox!