<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, September 18, 2005

Well, I've survived the visit from my family. I'll give details about it later. I had a stressful week last week. There was a time crunch on both of the projects I'm working on, preparing for my family's visit, and then there was my telephone. The main screen on my cellphone stopped working. I spent Tuesday evening at the Verizon store trying to understand that, even though there were many phones in the store with prices of under $100, the least I would pay for a new phone was $180. I couldn't get any sale prices for my phone until January, where I'd then be eligible for a free phone. My previous phone, I found out later in the week, is too old to reactivate. So my choices are use my old phone as is until January (which isn't a option since my trying to fix it has made it worse), get a new phone for $180 (which isn't a good option since it resets my new phone date two years ahead), or buy a used phone for $70 and then still be eligible for a new one in January. I'll have to take the final choice. I can't go without a phone til January.

Anyway, the main reason I'm writing this. The way my phone is now, I can see when I get text messages, but I can't see what the message is or who sent it. I'm pretty sure I can attribute all the messages I've received recently to regular automated messages, like sports scores, but, just in case, if you've sent me a text message since last Monday, I wasn't able to see it. So, if the message was important or you just want me to know what the message was, send me a email or simply call me. I can still get my voice mail.

Comments:
I believe that the fun new game now is just to send random text messages that you're going to have to figure out.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?  Get Firefox!