<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Okay. I got a bunch of little items saved up to blog about, but this one I had to put up before anyone else I know points it out. (I found it in this Mark Bechtel column)

Now, this story comes off like a late night infomercial. After every details, there's almost a invisible voice saying "But wait there's more...". There was a streaker... But wait there's more... At a demolition derby... But wait there's more... He got tasered... But wait there's more... and he (well, you'll just have read the article for the last bit.)

Now, I've seen streakers on tv at football games and at least once I've seen one simply get hit with a block by a player who was much larger and fully padded. This guy was at a demolition derby. He was running naked around moving cars whose purpose are to run into things. They can do more damage than a football player. If you're going to streak, go to a baseball game, a sport where players have gone on the disabled list for sleeping on their arm wrong. Streaking at a demolition derby is simply stupidity.

And I won't even comment on the result of the tasering. I would comment on the PA announcer's comment, if he had come up with something original. Making a must-be-cold-type comment? Come on, there were cars crashing, nudity, police, and bodily fluids and that the best he could come up with. I hope he doesn't quit his day job, which is apparently writing Jay Leno monologues.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?  Get Firefox!