<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

I was heading to bed, but decided now was as good a time as any to start posting every day, or atleast every day I'm in town. I'll be around Pittsburgh over the weekend, so no posts friday through sunday.

I saw Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I liked it better than the first movie based on the novel, but the movie didn't blow me away visually like I expected from a Tim Burton movie. One thing that did scare me a little was how much Veruca Salt in the picture looked like Tim Curry in drag in close-up shots.

I bought a can of stain protector for hats last weekend and needed a well-ventilated place to spray it on, so I went up on the roof of my building to do it. It is so nice up there. I was up there for almost an hour waiting for hat to dry so I could put on a second coat. I should go up there and relax more often.

One last note: I've been saying that I should be off my current project soon. Well, the technical director for the project came into my office not long before lunch today and said that he was told by project management that they had to start shedding people from the project immediately so they won't go over budget. I had the functionality functional on the piece I was working on, even if the code needed some polish, so I immediately saved the code and stopped working on that project. I also found out which project I'm scheduled to go to next, but I'm currently not scheduled to start on it til end of this month, so unless my start date gets moved up, I'll be doing various training courses the company has bought. Today, I watched a three hour video course on Introduction to C#, a language so much like Java I never needed to take any course on it. I'm not sure how I managed to stay awake through it.

Once I start the new project, I'll probably have to give up my temporary office. Shame. I was just getting used to it, even if it didn't have a phone and the computer wasn't as good as the one in my permanent cubicle over in the other building. It was still my own office.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?  Get Firefox!