<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, July 18, 2005

Okay, by popular demand, I finally got new comments up on my blog. I went with the simple Blogger comments. Unless I find a free comment that blows my mind, I'll be sticking with them.

Last night, a new episode of Entourage was on. It was the episode were the guys went to the Sundance film festival. It was a classic. It had a cameo by James Cameron and yet another phrase to be popularized into pop culture. This week, the phrase was "crossed swords", as in "we accidentally crossed swords".

I saw Wedding Crashers. It was funny and definitely worth the matinee price (which was $7 or a couple dollars more than full price when I was in high school). My expectations were kinda low for this movies because the "frat pack" movies tend to have more annoying moments than extremely funny moments. But the laughs came pretty steady and the movie never reach the annoyance level. There were times where they stretched logic, like when the crashers give toasts and help to cut the cake (wouldn't crashers maintain atleast a slight low profile?), but those times never lingered. And Rachel McAdams lit up every scene she was in. It's definitely worth seeing. It's probably one of the funniest movies I've seen in the theatres all year, but, honestly, I can't remember any other comedies I've seen in the theatre this year, so I can't say for sure.

The last two movies had a trailer for this movie before them, which adds another must-see movie to my list. The original was a movie I discovered on cable and found to be a great action movie with Jason Statham playing the coolest action hero since Bruce Willis played John McClane.

I'm watching the rerun of Entourage now. James Cameron's reply when a woman asked him if the sinking of the boat was a foreshadowing of the downturn in the tech market is a classic. And next week, Mandy Moore has a cameo!

Comments:
They even work!
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?  Get Firefox!