<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

I decided not to go see Revenge of the Sith tonight. I wouldn't get back home til 3am and I just don't think it'd be as fun going on the first night without the group I went to see Episode I and II on the first night with. Anyway, I'll definitely catch it before the weekend is over.

The news:
- I used to walk through this area alot. It was never this nice.

- Here's a follow-up article about the trooper who caught the woman jumping off the bridge.

- Our president isn't the only president to say stupid things. I understand the point the guy was trying to make. But the thing that I feel should be pointed out to him is that nobody wants to do those jobs, not even the Mexican immigrants that he's talking about want to do those jobs. People who do those jobs would almost definitely love to have better jobs, but take those jobs because they are the only ones available to them.

- Has a Norwegian ever won a Darwin Award?

- I wonder how soon this becomes a movie? It has Oscar winner written all over it. Definitely for best lead actor. It would have a good chance at best director and best picture. And if the guy became like this because of a controlling father or smothering mother, there's a definite supporting actor/actress nomination.

- Here's one situation where a execution should be delayed, atleast long enough to confirm all the facts. I realize that they can't make an inmate do it, but every executed inmate should be atleast given the opportunity to donate their organs.

- Unfilled lighters are now allowed in luggage, which makes sense since without fluid, a lighter is just metal and cotton, but, since the passenger isn't around when the checked baggages are x-rayed, how will the security people know they are unfilled. I wonder how many zippos are going to be wrongfully confiscated. Also, they sneak the comment about matches into the caption. Although, I don't believe most lighters shouldn't be banned, the flame from a lighter can be sustained longer and controlled better than a match so it has more potential for abuse.

- This is an interesting "what if". There's no way it's going to happen while Lucas is alive, but it's a believable concepts, especially for those people who can't grasp the concept that they are neither Jedis nor stormtroopers.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?  Get Firefox!