<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, April 08, 2005

Okay, work has calmed down a little so I think I'll be able to start blogging regularly. I do read the news every day and I use the "email this" link found on most sites nowadays to email the page to myself and then stick it in a folder to blog about later. My blog folder now has over forty items in it. I'm sure alot of them are outdated, but I'm going to go through them and post the ones that are still viable blog topics.

But first, a story Bill left out about his trip out to visit me. It's about one of the most unusual food delivery guys ever. A week or so before their trip out, I ordered chinese food from a place nearby. The lady I gave the order to over the phone sounded like you'd expect. She had a chinese accent but was easily understood. I was told the order would be coming in about 45 minutes. Thirty minutes later, the phone rang and there was a voice with a thick chinese accent on the other head. Actually, it was less a chinese accent and more simply chinese. I said that I have no idea what he was saying but I'll assume that you're the delivery guy and you're at the front door of my building. I go down to the lobby of my building and a minute or two later a beat-up car pulls up in front of the building and the delivery guy gets out. I get my food and give him the money. I try to give him a tip and he refuses at first. I don't know why he was refusing since I didn't recognize a word he said as a english word. The food was good though. And, for some reason, there was a can of some off-off-brand of grape pop included.

So Bill, Terri, and Gage comes to visit. After the hockey game, we came back to the apartment and decided that we'd order out for food to allow them to pack up for the drive home the next day. We ordered from the same Chinese place. Same delivery guy. This time he totally refused the tip. Who ever heard of a delivery guy (or anybody for that matter) refusing a tip? They did forget the fried rice, but from the bill, it looked like they didn't charge us for it either. And, I guess since we ordered twice as much food, instead of a can of grape pop, there was a two liter bottle of off-off-brand strawberry pop. We were kinda afraid to even drink some of it. Then again, there was more preferable flavors of drinks availabe in the apartment, so we didn't even have to make that decision.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?  Get Firefox!