<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

More catching up on old news items:

- First, a belated congrats to the CMU basketball team. They made the postseason for the first time in almost 30 years.

- This is cool. Joe Grushecky made a national article. He's a Pittsburgh music legend who probably best known nationally for his friendship with Bruce Springsteen. In fact, Springsteen produced his "American Babylon" album.

- This column is about a boxer from Pittsburgh who shot his girlfriend and only got boot camp. I saved this because the CMU professor mentioned was one of my favorite professor in college. The column points out that in the two cases, both shot someone when they were under the influence of alcohol and the only difference is that the boxer is famous and his victim, his then-and-still girlfriend refused to take the stand against him.

- Here's another Pittsburgh musician making national attention. I've seen him play live a few times. Definitely worth giving a listen.

- Just saw some current news. Now, I'm not one to say that certain people shouldn't breed. Everyone has a right to breed. Some people, though, should be banned from breeding with certain people. She should only be allowed to breed with someone with some level of intelligence and class. And he, well, he already has two. I say he already reached his limit. Let's hope that all three kids taking after the mother of his first two.

- Now back to the older news. The link I saved to the article about Spamalot expired, so I'd just like to say that if anyone is interested in seeing Monty Python's Spamalot on broadway, let me know. I live only an hour or so away from NYC, so I can provide room and board if anyone is interested in going to see it with me.

- Here's a story I love. I would have loved to be here when this happened.

- If I wasn't from the Pittsburgh area, this might have surprised me. Instead, I'm surprised this doesn't happen more often.

- I heard about this phenomenom before. I even saw examples of this before I ever read about it anywhere.

- And this article is all about how some single-use restrooms violate civil rights law. I think it's an unspoken compromise. Men don't want to deal with women's lines and women don't want to deal with men's mess. I've noticed that BP gas stations, where I've only ever seen single-use restrooms, seem to sometime designate genders and sometimes not.

- And since I don't want to end on a restroom item, any fan of sports movie should read this. It's the top 100 sports movie quotes of all time. I think #1 should be lower. But, overall, it's a good list.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?  Get Firefox!