<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, March 27, 2005

I realized that I did leave one thing off of my list of anticipated entertainment events. I forgot about the Dukes of Hazzard movie. The casting of Jessica Simpson as Daisy Duke lowers my expectations, especially since they scrapped any plans they had to have her go brunette. I'm just hoping that the guys of Broken Lizard have nostalgia for the part and doesn't make it a intentional comedy out of it like often happens to older action tv shows. From what I have heard, they seem to be taking the car driving and jumping seriously.

One thing that comes off my list is Grey's Anatomy. It debuted tonight. It was a well-done show. It met my expectations, but didn't blow me away. Of course, the main reason why I watched it was because it has Katherine Heigl in it. It also stars Ellen Pompeo who, in Old School, reminded me of Renee Zellweger before she became annoying. Of course, I might start watching a show because of a hot actress, but I don't keep watching a show because of it. Otherwise, I would have watched Dawson's Creek past the second season and would still be watching Alias.

Basicly, my review of Grey's Anatomy is that it's not something I'm going to tape even if I'm home watching it like I do with 24, but for now I'll be watching it as long as the storylines don't get too stupid or something else better doesn't come on at the same time. In my priority list of hour-long shows currently on, I put it after 24 and Desperate Housewives but before Lost or Boston Legal.

By the way, Lost is beginning to lose me. I'm starting to not care about any of the mysteries or any of the back stories. My cynical mind can't commit because I'm unconvinced the answers will live up to the hype. Just like watching Secret Window and praying the obvious solution isn't going to be the outcome, I watch Lost praying that there's a answer that doesn't cheat but is something more original than ripping off the solution of Identity.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?  Get Firefox!