<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Once again, I had a bunch of things to blog about but the only ones I remember are the ones about articles where I sent the article to myself. Maybe as I'm typing in those, the other ones will come back to me.

First off, duh. I mean, his heart attacks made people question whether he should be vice-president four years ago. Imagine four years from now when it would be for president. Throw in his age, his Halliburton connections, and his record as vice-president (pay no attention to the man behind the curtain) and he wouldn't even win the primary if a decent candidate ran against him. I'm betting there will be a more than decent candidate, unless the far right somehow manages to keep McCain out of it.

I've got to stop reading the news. Every week I hate even the concept of lawsuits. This just adds to it. People should be nice to their neighbors, not be afraid to even help them.

This type of thing doesn't even shock me. The only truly shocking thing in the article, and the only reason it's worth noting, is that, apparently, a female Phys. Ed. teacher had sex with a male. Could this be a first?

All I can say about this is start checking your quarters. Of course, the more west the states represented gets, the less it seems I even see new quarters. I'm not sure if I saw one of every quarter released last year.

I have two comments for this article. First, anybody who currently works as a waiter/waitress or has done so in the past should read the first paragraph. It should bring a smile to your face. Second, my current company is the first that I've worked for that has come out and told everyone that if you're sick, don't come into work. They don't want sick people to infect the non-sick people. The column doesn't talk about that enough. It talks about the money and the politics but doesn't dwell too long on the fact that paid sick leave can be good for the company because sick people are not as efficient and cause other people in the company to be sick. If you're advocating laws that force companies to do something, you should atleast stress how it helps the employers, not just the employees.

Let's see. Other stuff. I went back to the old home area last weekend for the annual Super Bowl party. I had picked up a Oscar the Grouch t-shirt for my nephew. He's three and a half years old. The shirt was size 5-6. It was too small. I think I'm just going to start buying him adult size clothes and just let him grow into them.

Went out with my parents and my brother's family saturday evening for my dad's birthday. My five month old niece is starting to look human. She's totally different than my nephew was. Anyone could hold him and he wouldn't care. She fusses if she realizes her mom isn't the one holding her. On the other hand, she slept nicely through dinner.

The super bowl party was nice. It's obviously has changed over the years. Definitely more kids nowadays. Interesting thing though was when one of the little people discovered that the big square plaything made a airplane sound when it wasn't supposed to be able to make a airplane sound.

The Super Bowl commercials were boring, for the most part. I liked the Bud Light parachuting commercials, although I didn't think it didn't live up to the event quality that a Super Bowl commercial should. The FedEx commercial was a good commercial. The GoDaddy one was also great for a company noone has heard of. Apparently the commercial was supposed to air a second time, but a NFL official called Fox after the first airing and told them not to run it again. Yawn! Also, apparently we didn't miss the Brad Pitt commercial. Anheuser-Busch bought enough ads that it got exclusive national beer advertiser, so Heineken was only able to buy local spots and only did so in select markets. It's pretty safe to assume that Pittsburgh wasn't one of them.

The half time show was boring. Boring isn't so bad if it was a high-school band performing. I would have no problems with that. But to have a top name performer on and hype it as such, it needs to have more spectacle. If you're going to hype a major halftime show, give us more of a show. It's a shame that they paid so much money for a half time show and it wasn't as good as the kiltie band scatter shows (or whatever they were called) that I used to see for free. (And I in no way meant that as an insult to the Kiltie band.)

By the way, I correctly predicted that the game was going to be decided by three points. I actually predicted in my pool that the score was going to be 34-31, so I came close in one sense. In another sense, I missed by a total of 20 points.

And I just remember one other thing I wanted to mention. I heard about it on the radio monday morning and from Tiff monday night. Did anyone see SNL on saturday? Apparently there was a Pittsburgh Yinzer-themed sketch. It was one of the last sketches of the show. Did anyone see it and can tell me about it. And if anyone has a copy of it that I can borrow or get a copy of, please let me know.

Paris Hilton was the host of SNL saturday. It might be the first time that there's been any connection between Paris Hilton and Pittsburgh.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?  Get Firefox!