<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Okay, here's my first attempt at the random lyrics quiz. Instead of an IPod, I used WinAmp. I randomized the playlist and took the first 25 songs. Then I took lyrics from each track. Other notes:

- Since, I have every album of some artists in my playlist, there was multiple songs by the same artist, so I only included the first track by an artist, so no artist is listed more than once.
- There is one case, however, where someone has two songs listed, one as a solo artist and one as lead singer of a band.
- There are two entries where the artist listed also did a better known version of the same song as part of a group.
- There are two entries that are cover version. In one case, the cover is as well know as the original, though. Bonus points if you can guess both the original artist and the artist who did the track I have.
- There is one entry where a different artist in a different musical genre recorded the same song at about the same time. Don't know if one is the cover of the other, so bonus points to guess both artists.
- To get the spelling on the spanish track, I consulted a couple lyric websites. They all seem to agree, so if it is misspelled, makes no sense or is totally obscene, don't blame me.


So, try to guess the name of the song and the artist.

1. Chance determines destiny. Tide can be the enemy
2. My silence is my self defense
3. I'm a sexual innuendo in this burned out paradise. If you turn me on to anything, you better turn me on tonight
4. One thing I can tell you is you got to be free.
5. Bicycle trail only runs so far. This is a place you can't get by car
6. ran with my heart pounding down that broken path with the devil snappin' at my heels
7. In a place where the world can't find us, love takes the wheel and drives us. Nothin but our senses guide us, all night long
8. If I showed you how you control my mind, would you hold it against me and take advantage of me?
9. I can see the red tail lights heading for Spain.
10. My life's a bargain basement. All the good shit's gone
11. You showed me how to cry. When you told me that everything was a lie
12. Should've known better than to cheat a friend
13. New... that's how I'm feelin' like I'm your special one. Two... hearts learning to love. We've just begun
14. The economy is pretty good when any half-drunk lass can buy a four-wheel drive with power heated seats for her fat ass
15. Our lives are better left to chance
16. You may be from Venus but I'm definitely not from Mars.
17. I can feel my soul. It's bleeding. Will you fly with me this evening
18. When you're close to me all that I do is think about a way to make you stay with me
19. Milk blood to keep from running out
20. A weaker man might have walked away, but you had faith strong enough to move over and give me space
21. Please don't come home if you're gonna break my momma's heart
22. Take another shot of courage. Wonder why the right words never come. You just get numb
23. Bad boys, jealous girls. Been there, done that. I just wanna fantasize.
24. And both sides say they're winning. And both sides know they're losing. And neither one knows what they're fightin' for.
25.Por ti me quede como monalisa sin llanto y sin sonrisa

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?  Get Firefox!