<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

My life is starting to get excited now as I've gotten past writing documentation at work and am now starting to write code. Talk about exciting. (Smell that? That's sarcasm.)

I am going to a Tsunami Relief Benefit on friday. Should be interesting. It looks like the bill include, among other acts, a belly dancer and a Johnny Cash tribute.

Talking to my mom tonight, I was informed my hometown, as well as my former high school, made the big city tv news last night because of a sex scandal. Apparently, it involved atleast ten kids hanging out in a little-used room at the high school and taking nude pictures of girls. Nothing like a sex scandal to bring out the local television news. It's been my observation that local news go absolutely nuts for four things: sex scandals, any scandals involving the internet, animal abuse, and crooked politicians. If they ever got footage of a politician shooting a cat with a BB gun while being pleasured by a teenaged girl he met on internet, they're heads would explode with happiness.

Of course, Bill and I was shocked by the scandals. Not because of what happened, but because that there might possibly be a room in the high school we didn't know about.

And does anyone else watch Celebrity Poker Showdown? I watched it a week or two ago and saw the most shocking thing. Lacey chabert dominate Robert Wagner on one hand. She check-raised him three times in a row, taking a big pot from him in the process. He's been around so long, he was the Ed Sullivan show. He's always cool. And she had the bubbly, giggly thing going, but on that hand, she played him perfectly.

And now for the news:

- First some America's Cup news. Yes, a yacht hit a whale. I'm sure it would be considered a remarkable feat, if they were trying for it. Instead, it actually made me think back to the Jamaican bobsled team, for some reason.

- I've caught myself doing this. I've given directions using names that no longer apply. My senior year of college, I would still refer to "Resnik" and "West wing" as the "new dorms" despite most undergrads would have no idea what I meant. I'm going to have to be careful when I'm back now since the new dorms are no long the new dorms. Also in my hometown, I refer to "Russian Hill" and "behind the Brewery" despite the fact that there's few if any Russians living up there and there's definitely no brewery to be behind. (A few "independent" distillery, maybe.)

- This is simply a fun site. My favorites include Spinal Tap and Dingoes Ate My Baby.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?  Get Firefox!