<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

I went to see "Million Dollar Baby". It was a movie I wanted to see when I first heard about it, but after seeing a number of articles about the controversy around the movie, with every one having a "spoilers" warning at the top, I made a point to see it soon before I found out about the ending. It was definitely worth seeing. It's the best-acted movie I've seen in a long while. The look of the film is so dark, it's almost a black and white film. The only part I didn't like was Hilary Swank's character's family. Imagine the human white-trash equivalent of Jar Jar Binks. The ending that has spawned the controversy was well done, although I would have liked to see it go in another direction. The controversy is unwarranted and smells of someone trying to use a popular film to get media attention. Overall, it was a great movie. And how can anything that has Morgan Freeman doing a voice-over narration be bad?

I also got Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band from Netflix. It's an amazing accomplishment. They somehow managed to make a movie in the late 70's where the guys from Aerosmith seems like the ones least on drugs. Imagine Pink Floyd The Wall with a less coherent plot.

Other than that, nothing much has happened in my life recently. I went bowling. I've averaged a 500 series over the last three weeks and my average is up to 151 after starting the year lousy due to a new bowling ball and having not bowled regularly since I was half my age.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?  Get Firefox!