<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, January 05, 2005

This story about the tsunami just fascinated me. I like Rick Reilly's column about the same people better, but I believe it's only available online to Sports Illustrated subscribers.

This story is worth point out because of the superintendent's quote. It's not often that any catholic figure, no matter how low on the totem pole, is willing to point out publicly that they can't choose to strictly follow church rules in some cases and not others. I would just love to see the reaction of people if the church started following the rules and banning children whose parents are divorced, used birth control or got married outside the church. I wonder how many kids would be left at the school. I personally find nothing wrong with any of those things, or the parents of the two kids involved, but the idea to ban the kids for the "sins" of the parents is just ridiculous. I wonder how many of the parents who are raising a ruckus over this have "WWJD" bracelets or bumper stickers. I don't think Jesus would make young children into outcasts.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?  Get Firefox!