<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, January 15, 2005

Right after my last post, my cable went out, which also means my internet went out. My apartment building has a small cable company supplying cable to it. It specializes in apartment complexes. That's the only choice I have for cable, but I could get internet through Verizon. I personally don't have two much problem with the cable, but alot of people I know in my building are on the verve of revolting if they aren't allowed to switch to Comcast. Now, I'd just like to say that apparently Comcast near Philly isn't like the Comcast-from-TCI-via-AT&T that serves near Pittsburgh. Apparently it offers good service. The cable company my building uses doesn't have OnDemand, HDTV, or online Bill Payment. Also, I believe, that if one repair van breaks down, they might not be able to make any service calls at all because they might not have a second one. So, after this outage, the natives will be restless and calling for the cable company's head.

Interesting side note: when I called the cable company to tell them my service was out, I got put on hold. Obviously they have one, maybe two, people manning the phones and they have an entire apartment building go out. I got a recording message at first telling me that I'm going on hold. Then twice within the first twelve minutes or so, the operator picked up long enough to tell me to "please hold" then put me on hold before I could say anything. Then the operator picked up and asked for my credit card number. I said "Excuse me?" and she said something like "Sorry. Wrong line". Then I was back on hold. I finally hung up after being on hold fifteen minutes. I immediately called back and the operator picked right up and asked how she could help. I should have hung up and called back sooner.

Now for something totally different. I have a new candidate for "stupidest thing I've ever done with a microwave". I was heating up Pecan Twirls last night. I took the wrapper off and put the entire tray in the microwave. The instruction said to heat for 40 seconds. I hit a extra "0" without realizing it. So I entered 4:00 instead of :40. I hit start and then I went to do something on the computer. I walked back to the kitchen when there was about 40 seconds left. I suddenly realize that I could smell the twirls strongly. I then realized my mistake. I open up the microwave door to find smoke, a twisted plastic tray containing rock hard pecan twirls. Luckily my microwave has a fan built into the top of it, but it stunk up the kitchen area. But my bedroom is above and behind my kitchen such that the microwave is really only a few feet from my bed. So I had to put up with melted plastic and pecans smell all night.

While the cable was out tonight, I watched "Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle". That movie would have been great when we were in college. I guess you could say it was like "Dude, Where's my car?" with a less coherant plot. The cameos were great, especially the one by Neil Patrick Harris, who plays himself. I was also happy to see the girl from Clockstoppers.

One disappointing thing is, the White Castle they're trying to get to is in Cherry Hill, NJ, which is five minutes away from where I live. I've checked and there's no White Castle in Cherry Hill. The closest one to me is about a hour and a half away.

Damn, my internet just went out again so I can't post this right now. And, yes, the cable's out, too. I guess I'll have to save this on my hard drive and post it later.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?  Get Firefox!