<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, January 17, 2005

I was flipping through the channels this morning and I flipped past the VH-1 Classics channel. It's a channel that plays older videos. I often find videos I haven't seen since high school and even videos from the 80's that I've never seen from bands that I really like. Someone explain to me why, this morning, I saw U2's "Vertigo" video on it. It came out last year. A U2 video from their "Joshua Tree" days or "Rattle & Hum" or even "Achtung, Baby". But Vertigo is only old in that it came out last year as opposed to this year. Of course, this year only includes videos that came out today or within the last sixteen days. I can accept hearing Guns 'N' Roses on a classic rock station and I can tolerate Warren G's "Regulate" being referred to as "Old School Rap" on a pop music radio station, but a video that came out last year does not belong on the "classic" video channel.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?  Get Firefox!