<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, January 20, 2005

I just realize that, with the Steeler game being on right after the Eagles game Sunday, if I go to the bar where I've been watching the games all season, I probably won't be able to find a seat and almost definitely not a parking space because the bar will be crowded with people watching the Eagles game. So I'll probably end up going before the first game and watch both games at the bar. The Steelers are 10-0 when I watch the game sitting at that bar. They are 0-1 when I watch the game anywhere else in New Jersey.

We had the first big snow storm here since I've been here. (They might have had one around X-Mas, but I was back at my parents then.) They have the same phenomenon here that they have in Pittsburgh: people forget how to drive when the first snow storm of the season hits. It apparently took people four hours to get home last night where they usually only have to drive for less than an hour. This was due to the accidents caused by people who have forgotten how to drive in the snow. When I worked in Robinson and lived in Squirrel Hill, I used to go to the movie theatre after work when the first snowfall hit rather than deal with the Parkway West during the first snowstorm.

Of course, now I just have to walk across a parking lot to get to work. I don't miss the drive down route 51 that was my last commute. The one winter I made that drive everyday, I saw atleast three cars flipped on their hoods. That's what happens when a twisting road where people often drive 60+ mph despite alot of places where other cars can get on/off the road becomes icy.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?  Get Firefox!