<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Due to a few things, including going to the non-internet-connected home of my parents for two straight weekends, I haven't posted in a while, but I should be all good now. I'm going to try and post something atleast once every couple of days.

I got to ride on the train going to and from Western PA for thanksgiving. I got business class, which was good since, it seems, they let people on who didn't have reservations and people who did have reservation ended up sitting in booths in the dining car the whole trip. I basicly watched my portable dvd player for 7 hours each way.

I also got free passes to see Oliver Stone's Alexander. As a co-worker of mine who also went to the screening put it as we were leaving the theatre: "Boy, Oliver Stone really knows how to make a movie... looong." Yeah, the movie, while well acted, was long and it wasn't the long-but-time-moved-fast long. Parts dragged. And even with the almost three hour running time, Anthony Hopkins was brought out often to tell parts of the story that would normally be shown but would have been longer. It's like he had a four hour movie and, to cut it down, Hopkins was brought in to tell a 30 minute section of narrative in 3 minutes.

This weekend I got to watch both the Steelers and Pitt football team win. Pitt is in the BCS. It's too bad they got the Fiesta Bowl, though, cause another road trip to see Pitt in a bowl would be great. A road trip to Arizona requires more planning and probably a couple more days than a bowl on the east coast.

I did send away for Steelers playoff tickets. If all goes well, I'll have four tickets to both possible home playoff games.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?  Get Firefox!