<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, November 06, 2004

I'm having a relatively productive weekend. I had friday off but worked a couple hours in the morning to make up for a lunch out with co-workers on Thursday that stretched to three hours. After work, I got on the subway a few blocks from my place to do a dry run to the Amtrak station. I had to transfer once, but I didn't even have to walk outside the subway station to transfer. If I didn't feel like walking to the subway station, I even could take a train from the block next to my place to the station to catch the first subway train. It was a easy enough ride at about the same time I'll be heading to the Amtrak station when I go home for thanksgiving. I still don't know if I'll be taking the subway back home. It'll be later at night. I might just spring for a taxi on the return trip.

Today, I went up to exercise in my building's workout room. Usually, I go exercise late at night. I decided not to go last night and go today instead. I went up about 9am and it was busy. Usually, I'll see at most one person. This morning two out of the four eliptical type machines were being used and three out of the four treadmills were being used (the fourth had someones keys on it). There also people using weights. Plus there were atleast two tvs on, showing different channels. I noticed one was a music channel and I think that one was on mute. Sportscenter was on the other and I had already watched that earlier. So I decided to skip the workout.

I later cleaned the bathroom. The bathroom at my new place has a few things that I find annoying. One, there is no counter space. It's a old-fashioned type stand-alone sink. If you have seen my toothbrush holder at my last place, it's like that. Two, no counter space means no under-counter cabinet to keep the cleaning supplies. Third, everything is white, so if it's not clean, it's very noticeable that it's not clean.

Tomorrow, I'll be watching the Eagles/Steelers game at a bar surrounded by Philly fans. A couple guys there already know me as a Steelers fan, so I'm going to get some crap tomorrow. It'd be safer for me to stay home or go to a different place, but they've won fours games when I watched the game there and lost one when I watch it at home. I don't want to risk losing the luck.

I saw the movie "Ray" last week. It was a great movie, especially if you like Ray Charles's music. It was so good, it makes the audience forget that it's Jamie Foxx. Jamie Foxx pretty much becomes Ray Charles. Some parts were a little unsettling for me because I'm young enough to only have seen Ray Charles post-drug-abuse. Seeing him use drugs and having affairs goes against the image he showed in the 80's and after period that I was familiar with. You never know who will win an oscars, but I'd be surprised if he didn't get a nomination for best actor.

A side note about Ray: while there's sometimes talk about there not being strong female characters in movies. Well, Ray's mom is one of the strongest female movie characters I can remember seeing. She doesn't shoot anyone and she doesn't fight anyone, but the scene where she fights her motherly instincts to help Ray and instead makes him help himself to teach him to be self-sufficient showed real strength.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?  Get Firefox!