<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, November 09, 2004

I love the smell of donuts in the morning. Smells like... victory.


When I first started working at my current company this summer, one guy at work found out I was a Steelers fan and proposed a donut bet for the Steelers-Eagles regular season game. He once again proposed it last week. I accepted. So this morning, a dozen donuts showed up on my desk.

I watched the game on Sunday at a bar surrounded by Eagles fans. The manager of the bar suggested that I could escape out the backdoor of the place if my life got put into jeopardy. Turns out the Eagles got their asses kicked and the fans accepted defeat long before the game ended. I think they appreciated the fact that I didn't gloat. I didn't even cheer too loud when they scored. Anyway, going against reputation, the Eagles fans were civil.


On another note, Desperate Housewives still hasn't disappointed. This week's episode offered the best spittake I've seen in a long time. What happened was, the hot housewife is having coffee at the kitchen table of one of the other housewives when the other housewive's teen daughter comes in with the teenaged guy that the hot housewife is having an affair with. The hot housewife said to the other one that she didn't know the two teens were friends. The other one replied that they were both members of the abstinence club just as the hot one takes a drink. Cue spittake.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?  Get Firefox!