<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Went home last weekend. I wasn't even to the first rest stop on the turnpike when the truck in front of me kicked up a stone and put a nickel-sized ding in the windshield. It didn't break all the way through. It's in the middle of the windshield, so it's not in my view. I couldn't find anything in the NJ vehicle code about a nick in the windshield if it doesn't obstruct the driver's view. So I'm not planning on getting it fixed if it doesn't get any worse. Also, a guy at work said he's had a similar thing in his windshield for years and they've never said anything about it at inspection, not that that matters anyway. My inspection is 23 months away and I don't expect to have that car then, atleast not as my primary car.

I went to the Steelers game and got to see them beat up on the Browns. Interesting enough, of the five games this year, they've won two games when I was there, two games when I've watched at a bar, and lost the one I watched from home. Thus I'm not watching any more games at home.

In what is probably going to be the easiest suicide pool pick this year, I correctly picked the Patriots to beat the Dolphins. There are a total of nine people left in that pool. I have used both the Eagles and the Patriots now, but so have six of the other people left. Only one person hasn't picked the Pats and one person hasn't picked the Eagles. On the other hand, I've managed to use the Bengals already this year. It's always great to use a team that you won't be tempted to use again this season.

I've picked the team playing Miami every week so far except when they Played the Steelers. It was Big Ben's first start, so I used the Eagles that week. This week they're playing Buffalo, who hasn't won a game all season, so I probably won't be following the whomever-plays-miami strategy.

Yesterday was a good day. I'm actually on schedule on my project at work. And turns out that the project doesn't have to be done for the big thingy that's happening the last week in October. Turns out we're doing the first internal release near the end of November. Then I came home and this was in my mailbox:



That's right. Katherine Heigl is on the cover of a magazine promoting her new tv show. All this while I'm in the middle of watching the second season of Roswell on dvd. Life is good.

Tonight, my internet went down. Turns out the internet is in the whole building. So I'm sitting down in the tv room using the internet. Turns out the common area wireless internet is working, but the cable internet in the apartments isn't. So, since, I'm not going to be online again tonight, I'm going to turn the Bill Countdown down a couple hours early. But, if you're reading this on thursday, be aware, the day is only two weeks away.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?  Get Firefox!