<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, October 17, 2004

The Steelers game isn't on until after 4pm today, so I'm in no hurry to get to a sports bar. I think the game might be on network tv here today, but I'm still going out to watch it. They are 4-0 in games I've gone out to watch them either live or at a bar. They're 0-1 when I've watched them at my place.

I need to reinstall windows on my computer. I'm thinking of switching over to Linux, more specificly Mandrake. A guy at work has had good luck with it. Anyone who knows anything about it haved any opinion on it?

When the net went down here and before I found out it was the whole building, I was looking for a particular piece of paper I got from the cable company and I ended up finding it, but not before finding two other things I had been looking for. I found my Ray Ban sunglasses and the instructions to something I had borrowed and had returned without the instructions.

I went to see Team America: World Police yesterday. It was one of the funniest movies I've seen this year. It made fun of alot of people and things, but it's main targets were Micheal Bay-type movies, the U.S. going into places to save people and doing their share of destruction in the process (aka: the current administration), and those who think the U.S. should never go to war (aka: those who hate the current administration).

The songs in the movies are hilarious. There's a gung-ho action song called "America, Fuck Yeah!", a love song: "(the movie) Pearl Harbor sucked and I miss you", and a montage song with the refrain "We need a montage." Interestingly enough, the soundtrack isn't scheduled to be released until November.

Originally, the movie was rated NC-17, but they edited down a sex scene. The MPAA should get a life. All the characters in the movies are puppets. The faces are disturbingly real, but the bodies aren't. They have no genitals. They rated a movie NC-17 for a sex scenes between plastic people with no genitals. Also Matt Stone and Trey Parker said that they were forced, I believe by the MPAA but it may have been the studio, to make the trailers G-rated because they're puppets. Because of the trailers, they've ran into parents who told them they planned on taking their kids to see the movie. This movie is as appropriate for kids as the South Park Movie was.

Anyway, on the Tom's Movie Rating system, I give it a definite pay full price. I'd even go see it again.

And speaking of full price, the local Lowes theatre stops matinee prices with any movies after 5pm. They also, on fridays and saturdays, jack the price up to $9 after 5pm. So I paid $9 for a movie ticket for the first time.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?  Get Firefox!