<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, October 24, 2004

Did anyone see what just happened on Saturday Night Live? Ashlee Simpson is the musical guest. She did her first single, "Pieces of Me", for the first song. When she was introduced for the second song, the music heard was also "Pieces of Me". Her vocals on that song starts very soon at the beginning of the song, so the vocals came quickly but despite being able to hear her singing, she obviously wasn't singing. She was standing, looking confused about what to do. The band seemed to be trying to get in sync with the music. Then the pre-recorded music faded and the band was playing what, I assume, was the right song, but at that point Ashlee had already walked off the stage. A cut to commercial followed.

At the end of the show, when the host says good-bye, Ashlee explained her band played the wrong song. I find it hard to believe a band good enough to get a gig on live network tv playing only two songs would screw it up and play the same song twice. Also, there was definitely vocals heard and the band couldn't be blamed for that. The band didn't play the wrong song. Some guy in a booth played the wrong tape.

While on the subject of tv. I watched "Lost" tonight. It's a really good show. I'm not going to put it on my must-see list, but if I'm home on a Saturday night, which is unfortunately likely, I'll probably watch it. One thing that confused me, though, was the show starred Emile de Ravin. All day, I had been watching the second season of Roswell, which also had Emile de Ravin in it. The thing is, after watching her all day looking and sounding like a normal American teenager (partial alien DNA, not withstanding), watching her on Lost as a pregnant woman with an Austrailian accent was kinda off-putting. Also, despite the IMDB saying she is from Austrailia, after being used to her american accent, her austrailian accent seemed fake.

Bydaway, I was the only one left in the suicide pool who was still able to pick the St. Louis Rams and they're playing the Dolphins. I picked them, so, if the Rams win and Tampa Bay, Minnesota, Seattle, and Denver lose, I win.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?  Get Firefox!