<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, September 29, 2004

The remains of the latest hurricane is hitting the area right now. When I went home for lunch, it was just a light rain. By the time I left work for the day, it was a downpour. Apparently, there was even tornados in Cherry Hill, where I've been doing most of my shopping out here. I don't have to worry about tornados, because my building is strong and well made. I know it's well made because, when they turned it into apartments, they didn't tear it down and start from scratch. If it would come down easy, it would have been cheaper for them to tear it down and start from scratch. Besides, it's a big building. Six stories high and taking up an entire block.

That being said, there is a possible exception to the building being safe. I just got back from the work out room. The workout room is in the tower on the seventh floor. The tower is two floors high and a little bigger than my apartment. Two walls is all windows and one also has a number of windows. When I went up to the workout room, I first noticed the leak in the ceiling. A bucket was set up to catch the water. Also, the wind was howling. I thought for a second maybe being in a small room with a lot of windows when there has been tornados around might not be the best idea, but then figured that if I got injured by flying glass, I wouldn't have to finish exercising.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?  Get Firefox!