<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, September 30, 2004

I got to ride a Segway today. My company held a commuter expo during lunch today. It had tables for all the various public transportation that can be used to get to work as well as assorted attractions and apartments and restaurants around work. I joked that I shouldn't go since I don't really commute since I live within walking distance of work, but I went because I wanted to see and possibly ride a Segway. Turns out the expo was worth me going to because I got various train/light rail schedules that I could use to go places from my apartment. Anyway, the Segway was really cool to ride, once I got the feel for it. I think it would be great to have to get to/from work. I'm thinking of starting the "Buy a Segway for Tom" fund.

Speaking of public transportation, I figured out that a round trip Pittsburgh/Philly Amtrak ticket cost approximately the same as gas and tolls for a roundtrip drive from Philly to Pittsburgh. So when the weather gets bad, I'm probably going to try and take the train home rather than deal with bad weather on the turnpike.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?  Get Firefox!