<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, September 16, 2004

I got my first credit card early in my sophomore year of college. It was the one that came with my picture on the card. For it, I used the best picture I had of me at the time. It was one of my high school senior pictures. It had a brick backdrop (which was cropped out for the credit card) and I was wearing my "Wayne's World" ballcap (which wasn't cropped out). I took the picture less than a month before my seventeenth birthday.

So, I got that credit card with my picture taken at sixteen put on my credit card when I was nineteen. I used that card regularly up until about five or six years ago until I switched to one that gave awards.

Two years ago, I was given a free upgrade on that credit card. With it, I got a new credit card. One without a picture.

That card expires soon and I got the replacement this week. The picture has returned. I opened up the envelope and pulled out a card with the picture of me from thirteen years ago. It was just a wierd moment for me.

I'm thinking about using the card in a store just to see if I get a reaction from the clerk. Of course, more and more places I shop nowadays, the clerks don't even bother looking or even touching the cards. Kinda ruins the whole point of having your picture on your card.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?  Get Firefox!